An auto dialer is an electronic device that can automatically dial telephone numbers to communicate between any two points in the telephone, mobile and Pager networks. Once the call has been established (through the telephone exchange) the auto dialer will announce verbal messages or transmit digital data (like sms messages) to the called party. A regular PC, desktop or laptop, can be turned into an auto dialer.
If a customer is attended by the telemarketer it will take long time. He may not be interested to hold for a long time to talk to the telemarketer. The development of auto dialer technology is a great gift for the entire telemarketing industry. Auto dialer enables business to broadcast phone messages without the use of call center agents. Auto dialer service will begin to dial out from a predefined list of phone numbers.
Auto Dialer application allows you to out dial to consecutive or random telephone numbers. There are several types of auto dialer:
· Smart Auto dialer: Smart Auto dialer is an auto dialer capable of personalizing messages and collecting touch tone or speech feed backs. A speech engine is usually included for converting text to speech and recognizing speech over the phone. To customize or personalize messages, a smart auto dialer system uses message template, which contains variables that can be replaced later by actual values.
· Preview Dialer: Preview dialer enables your phone agent to view the phone information before the call is being placed. Preview Dialer is an application that enables outbound "preview" or "progressive" dialing through the agent desktop. Preview Dialer gives agents the opportunity to review contact information to know whom they are calling and the purpose of the call before dialing the outbound call.
· Power dialer: The power dialer provides efficient, reliable, and scalable multi-line outbound dialing. It is used in situations when an application needs to be able to make large volumes of outbound calls. For example:
1. An application that monitors the status of a large network may need to call hundreds of technicians all over the country.
2. A large-scale voice mail delivery system that delivers messages directly to a large number of individuals.Hosted dialer
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/305229